A native of the United Kingdom, Baryonyx was part of an unusual family of theropods, the Spinosauridae, which preyed upon fish.
This is evidenced by its crocodile-like jaws and teeth, and the remains of a large fish found in the stomach region of its skeleton.
- Pronounced: BAR-ee-ON-iks
- Means: Heavy claw
- Where: England, Europe
- When: Early Cretaceous
- Diet: Carnivorous, piscivore
- Size of Adult: 36 ft (11 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 23 feet (7.02 m), H 5 ft 3 in (1.6 m)*
* includes height of steel base