Ceratosaurus was a medium sized carnivore that lived at the same time as the larger Allosaurus, in the Late Jurassic period.
Ceratosaurus has been likened to a medieval dragon because of the horns on its head, a jagged crest right down its back, and teeth that appear too big for its mouth. It also had a deep muscular wiggly tail that would have been supple all the way to its tip.
- Pronounced: se-rat-owe-sore-uss
- Means: Horned lizard
- Where: Africa (Tanzania), North America (Colorado, Utah)
- When: Late Jurassic
- Diet: Carnivorous
- Size of Adult: 20 ft (6 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 20 ft 3 in (6.18 m), H 6 ft 6 in (1.83 m)*
* includes height of steel base