The skeleton of Compsognathus was one of the first complete dinosaur skeletons ever found and as it turns out, also the smallest.
Although the length of Compsognathus is given as 3 ft (1 m), most of it is tail and neck. The body is about as big as a chicken.
- Pronounced: KOMP-sog-NAH-thus
- Means: Pretty jaw
- Where: Europe (Germany, France)
- When: Late Jurassic
- Diet: Carnivorous (small mammals, lizards)
- Size of Adult: 3 ft (1 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 2 ft 10 in (0.87 m), H 1 ft 6 in (0.46 m)*
* includes height of steel base