A member of the stegosaur family, Kentrosaurus has nine pairs of plates on the neck and back which are much narrower than those of Stegosaurus.
It also has five pairs of spines that run in a double row right down the tail, with another pair of spines projecting sideways from the shoulders.
- Pronounced: KEN-truh-SAWR-us
- Means: Spiked lizard
- Where: (Africa (Tanzania)
- When: Late Jurassic
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: Up to 17 ft (5 m) long
- Size for Animatronic Model: L 12 ft 6 in (3.81 m), H 5 ft 11 in (1.81 m)*
* includes height of steel base