Stegoceras was a plant-eating bipedal dinosaur that lived during the Late Cretaceous period.
It is one of the best known of the pachycephalosaurids, charaterized by the distinctive dome-shaped skull which have earned them the nickname of boneheads. The dome of the head of Stegoceras is surrounded by a frill of little horns and knobs.
- Pronounced: STEG-oh-SEH-rass
- Means: Roof horn
- Where: North America (Alberta, Montana, New Mexico)
- When: Later Cretaceous
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: 6.5 ft (2 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 7 ft 6 in (2.29 m), H 4 ft 1 in (1.25 m)*
* includes height of steel base