Torosaurus was a large Ceratopsian dinosaur that lived during the Late Cretaceous period.
Torosaurus had the distinction of having the longest skull of any land-living animal. Much of the length is taken up by a very long frill, which unlike other ceratopsids had smooth margins.
- Pronounced: TOR-o-SAWR-us
- Means: Perforated lizard
- Where: North America (Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Saskatchwan, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wyoming)
- When: Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: 26 ft (8 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 20 ft 6 in (6.25 m), H 8 ft 4 in (2.54 m)*
* includes height of steel base