Allosaurus was extremely common in the Late Jurassic. As its fossils were aplenty, it was among the earliest dinosaurs discovered.
Allosaurus had massive hind legs, strong S-shaped neck, and a huge head with jaws that could accommodate large chunks of meat. Combined with its sharp serrated teeth, heavy arms and three-fingered hands, it hunted the biggest plant-eaters of the time.
- Pronounced: al-owe-sore-uss
- Means: Other lizard
- Where: North America (Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming), Europe (Portugal), Africa (Tanzania)
- When: Late Jurassic
- Diet: Carnivorous
- Size of Adult: 39 ft (12 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 20 ft 3 in (6.18 m), H 7 ft 2 in (2.19 m)*
* includes height of steel base