Carnotaurus is an unusual looking theropod characterized by a short and squashed-looking head with a shallow, hooked lower jaw.
What stands out most is probably the two stout horns above its eyes and its extremely short arms with no apparent forearms.
- Pronounced: KAR-no-TAWR-us
- Means: Flesh(-eating) bull
- Where: South America
- When: Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Carnivorous
- Size of Adult: 25 ft (7.5 m)
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 20 ft 3 in (6.18 m), H 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)*
* includes height of steel base