Deltadromeus was a mid-sized theropod that lived in North Africa.
Skeletons of Deltadromeus revealed that it had extraordinarily long and slender hind limbs for a theropod, suggesting it was a very fast runner. As no skull material has ever been found, reconstrctions of its head is purely guesswork.
- Pronounced: dEL-tah-DROE-mee-us
- Means: Delta runner
- Where: Africa (Morocco)
- When: Middle/Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Carnivorous
- Size of Adult: 26-30 ft (8-9 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 25 ft 6 in (7.78 m), H 8 ft (2.44 m)*
* includes height of steel base