Dilophosaurus is a moderately sized ceratosaur with a four-fingered hand and a curious notch in its upper jaw.
Its most outstanding characteristic was a pair of semi-circular plates that grew on top of its head. They are quite thin and were probably used for signalling or display.
- Pronounced: die-LOF-oh-SAWR-us
- Means: double-crested lizard
- Where: North America (Arizona), Asia (China)
- When: Early Jurassic
- Diet: Carnivorous
- Size of Adult: 20 ft (6 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 9 ft (2.75 m), H 4 ft 4 in (1.33 m)*
* includes height of steel base