Edmontonia was an armoured dinosaur, part of the nodosaur family. Its body was bulky, broad and tank-like.
Interestingly, its armour is concentrated at the front end of its body indicating that it would have had to keep moving to ensure its front end always faced its predator.
- Pronounced: ed-mon-tone-ee-ah
- Means: From Edmonton (Canada)
- Where: North America (Alberta, Texas)
- When: Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: 20-23 ft (6-7 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 23 ft 2 in (7.07 m), H 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m)*
* includes height of steel base