Pachycephalosaurus was among the last and largest of the dome-headed dinosaurs.
The animal’s large dome head is believed to have been used as a battering ram. Its three kinds of teeth suggest that it fed on a mixed diet of leaves, seed, fruit and insects.
- Pronounced: pack-ee-seff-ah-low-sore-uss
- Means: Thick-headed lizard
- Where: North America (Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming)
- When: Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: 16 ft (5 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 19 ft 6 in (5.95 m), H 7 ft 7 in (2.32 m)*
* includes height of steel base