Protohadros was considered the oldest-known duckbill dinosaur (hadrosaur) when it was first discovered in Texas in 1984.
However, as hadrosaurs are believed to have evolved in Asia – it has since been reclassified as a member of the related iguanodon family.
- Pronounced: proe-toe-had-ross
- Means: Early duck-billed lizard
- Where: North America (Texas)
- When: Mid-Cretaceous
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: 19 ft (6 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 23 ft 2 in ( 7.07 m), H 8 ft 3 in ( 2.52 m)*
* includes height of steel base