Styracosaurus was a member of the short-frilled group of ceratopsians and lived during the Late Cretaceous period.
Apart from the frill size, these Ceratopsians were charaterized by a long nasal horn and short brow horns. Its disntinctive feature was the six long horns on the rear margin of its frill which gave it a very spiky appearance.
- Pronounced: sty-rak-oh-sore-us
- Means: Spiked lizard
- Where:North America (Alberta)
- When: Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: 18 ft (5.5 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 5 ft 5 in (1.66 m), H 2 ft 10 in (0.87 m)*
* includes height of steel base