Styracosaurus was a member of the short-frilled group of ceratopsians and lived during the Late Cretaceous period.
Apart from the frill size, these Ceratopsians were charaterized by a long nasal horn and short brow horns. Its disntinctive feature was the six long horns on the rear margin of its frill which gave it a very spiky appearance.
- Pronounced: sty-rak-oh-sore-us
- Means: Spiked lizard
- Where: North America (Alberta)
- When: Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Herbivorous
- Size of Adult: 18 ft (5.5 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 14 ft 2 in (4.32 m), H 7 ft 10 in (2.39 m)*
* includes height of steel base