Suchomimus was a spinosaurid dinosaur that lived during the Late Creataceous period.
It lived in East Africa a little later than Baryonyx lived in Europe but both were very similar in appearance with their big claws and long jaws. The only difference is the tall spines along the backbone of Suchomimus, which would have supported a low fin.
- Pronounced: SOOK-o-MIME-us
- Means: Crocodile mimic
- Where: Africa (Niger)
- When: Mid-Cretaceous
- Diet: Carnivorous, piscivore
- Size of Adult: 36 ft (11 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 23 ft (7.02 m), H 4 ft 1 in (1.25 m)*
* includes height of steel base