Tyrannosaurus was one of the largest dinosaurs that ever lived and is perhaps the best-known of all dinosaurs.
A bipedal carnivore from the Late Cretaceous period, Tyrannosaurus held the record for the biggest and most powerful land-living predator of all time for a century, until the discovery of Carcharodontosaurus and Giganotosaurus in the 1990s.
- Pronounced: tie-RAN-o-SAWR-us rex
- Means: Tyrant lizard king
- Where: North America (Alberta, Montana, Saskatchwan, Texas, Utah, Wyoming), Asia (Mongolia)
- When: Late Cretaceous
- Diet: Carnivorous (large dinosaurs)
- Size of Adult: Up to 40 ft (12.19 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 39 ft 6 in (12.04 m), H 12 ft 8 in (3.86 m)*
* Includes height of steel base