Utahraptor lived during the Early Cretaceous period and was among the biggest of all dromaesaurs.
Often and incorrectly called ‘raptors’, dromaesaurs shared the distinctive feature of a giant sickle-shaped claw that grew on the second toe of their feet.
- Pronounced: YOU-tah-RAP-tor
- Means: Robber from Utah
- Where: Central Utah, North America
- When: Early Cretaceous
- Diet: Carnivorous
- Size of Adult: Up to 24 ft (7.31 m) long
- Size of Animatronic Model: L 21 feet (6.41 m), H 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)*
* includes height of steel base